The most delicate area of the body is the skin of the eyelids, because it is very exposed to external agents, such as the sun and pollution. These 2 causes make them more susceptible to damage, falls, bags and infections.
An eyelid is swollen when we notice, in one or both eyes, an obvious increase in size and thickness. Sometimes redness or vision problems may occur.
People need to know that inflammation occurs due to the accumulation of fluid and fat around the eye holes. It can be punctual and not a major problem or the bags can be made almost indefinitely.
In this article I will recommend some natural remedies for this problem. Applying cold compresses with masks of natural products is an excellent solution. Consider the following tips:
- Cucumber is considered a very good remedy for this problem. Either sliced or put directly on your eyes, or making a dough with a peeled cucumber and a little water. Apply cold gauze ointment for 15 to 20 minutes. It is a fantastic remedy for swollen eyelids.
- Potatoes, following the instructions in the previous point.
- Chamomile through worn bags on your very cold eyes.This remedy can be made with either black tea or green tea. Keep in mind that chamomile is contraindicated if you have an allergy.
- Cold milk soaked in cotton or gauze and applied to inflamed areas is another remedy for swollen eyelids.
- Grease the eyelids to remove them later with water
If you do not suffer from an inflammation derived from diseases or allergies whose treatment must be prescribed by a specialist, there are habits that we can adopt to improve the appearance of swollen eyelids.
To improve this issue, consider the following tips:
- Do your best to sleep at least 8 hours a day, because lack of sleep causes inflammation and redness of the eyes.
- Water is very important, so I recommend drinking at least 2 liters of water a day
- Don’t rub your eyes.
- Blink often to relax your eyes.
- Eye exercises, such as looking up, down, right and left. Perform this movement at least three times a day.