The bean, Phaseolus vulgaris, represents the bean pod and comes from Mexico and Central America. Due to its diuretic properties and its high fiber content, it was used by humans many years ago. Researchers have shown that fasolin has antidiabetic properties and is effective in the fight against obesity because it reduces the absorption of calories from starch.
Consumption of beans can be indicated especially if we consume large amounts of bread, pasta, or other foods rich in carbohydrates. Specialists recommend people to keep a healthy diet with the necessary amounts of all nutrients, which will prevent us from resorting to substances that block the absorption of fats or carbohydrates.
Its composition includes the following: cellulosic fibers, pectins, tannins, flavonoids.
The properties of beans are as follows:
- Because it is very diuretic, it facilitates the elimination of fluids.
- Due to the high content of fibers in their composition, they promote intestinal transit
- Slows down the absorption of carbohydrates.
- Regulates insulin secretion.
- Few people know that it also plays a very important role in combating obesity and weight regulation.
- It blocks the activity of some digestive enzymes.
- Protects liver cells.
- It regulates the passage of sugars in the blood.
- And last but not least, it helps to maintain weight after the end of the weight loss regime.
To date, there are no side effects, but specialists recommend the following:
- If you suffer from hypertension, heart disease, or kidney failure, it should only be taken if you are under medical supervision.
- If you are one of the people with diabetes, you will need to be monitored by your doctor for insulin or oral antidiabetics that needs to be adjusted.
- If taken in a fluid extract or tincture, the alcohol content must be taken into account.